• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

my week in pictures 73

monday 10/6 - sunday 10/12

Last week was definitely a stressful one without much sleep, unfortunately, as we continued our endless venue replacement hunt. One of these days I will post all about that struggle.

On Saturday morning we grabbed my little sister and then headed to my moms place to celebrate the life of my grandma Norma with family. It was a really emotional day for everyone, but nice to see some of my aunts and uncles from California. My stepdad put together a really nice slideshow, and my aunt Debby created a book of her recipes that I am really excited to check out once the holidays roll around (especially the best sugar cookies ever). I promise promise promise I will be writing a post all about my grandma soon, I just haven't felt like I had enough time or a clear enough head to get through it yet, and I don't want to rush it. She deserves more recognition than that.

In the evening we met up with Pat's "little sister" downtown, and then stopped in Lompoc before calling it a night and heading to my dads place to sleep.

On Sunday we met up with Megan and her little sister for brunch at Slappy Cakes in Portland. I had been wanting to try that place for a long time, and it was so fun (and delicious)! We got a ton of ingredients, and ended up making both sweet and savory pancakes while playing with our food the entire time. Once we were done we said our goodbyes and drove my sister back to Corvallis where we checked out the house she is living in, before stopping by Block 15 (because we always have to) for a snack (and beer), and then checking out a newer brewery, Mazama, on the way out of town. We got home just as the sun went down and both passed out super early, exhausted from the quick weekend trip.

[[ working from hammock. more venue hunting... rainbow while heading over the pass. celebrating norma jean. my grandma's recipe book that i am definitely going to be using! a good place for a pooch to sit. a quick stop at lompoc. slappy cakes! decisions decisions. all of our toppings: bananas, bacon, mushrooms, goat cheese, chives, homemade hazelnut spread, chocolate chips, cinnamon creme fraiche. savory pancakes and sweet pancakes. making pancakes! i accidentally made a beard... oops. bathroom sister photos. starberries! viking? a short visit to b15 for some fruit beer and nachos. checking out mazama. sunset views on the drive home. ]]